Sphag Sorb Technical Features
- Meets EPA standards for disposal in landfills. Sphag Sorb does not biodegrade before the substance it encapsulates. In its natural state, Sphag Sorb is 100 percent biodegradable; but its molecular properties permit it to pass EPA requirements for landfilling both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Sphag Sorb will not leach; it passes TCLP at ratios much lower than competing absorbents. Due to its porous structure and affinity for hydrocarbons and other organics, Sphag Sorb is a truly non-leaching and suitable for landfilling where regulations permit.
- High BTU value for incineration. Sphag Sorb is equally compatible with other disposal options. It is ideal for incineration, (when regulations permit) since it is also an energy source with the ability to generate some of the heat required for incineration.
- Lower volume of Sphag Sorb required means lower disposal costs.
- Reduces flammable vapors by 90%.
Bags, Drums, and Pails
Absorbent Pads and Pillows
Tote Spill Response Kits
Drum Spill Response Kits